Halloumi is key to our operational excellence. Halloumi encompasses the whole of tools and measures that we leverage to our deliver Managed Public Cloud Services. Although actual code (such as that which Halloumi uses) indeed is an important element, it does require careful alignment of all four elements to be really successful.
Halloumi: built for operational excellence
The native Infra-as-Code bridges of both AWS and Microsoft work great – but will scale only up to a certain point. If an environment would grow substantially in complexity, or if one would try to manage an increasing number of environments, things will get increasingly complicated.
This is one of the reasons that Sentia has built Halloumi. It adds an additional management layer over the ‘vanilla’ CloudFormation templates and abstracts many of the code maintenance and usage tasks. It thus allows us to manage the large and growing numbers of customer environments with ease.
Working with the high-level HalloumiTM templates really simplifies the Engineers’ work. With only a few lines of code, an Engineer can construct an environment that - once it has been compiled – will have all necessary low-level settings. The well-defined framework of HalloumiTM also means that an Engineer can support all projects, even those that he/she doesn’t know well. This helps in covering absence of a colleague, and in simply lending a helping hand. - Thomas de Ruiter, Sr. Cloud Systems Engineer Sentia
Our customers' business benefits:
- Cost-efficient: the costs of Halloumi are spread over all customers
- Agile and effective: no steep learning curve or many first-time mistakes. By linking into Halloumi, you’ll step into a fully matured cloud management environment;
- Efficiency and reliability by outsourcing to AWS environment
- Halloumi enables reducing time to market while improving quality
Our customers' technical benefits:
- Halloumi introduces a high degree of standardisation due to its use of existing, preapproved building blocks. This means that any engineer can easily understand the specifics of an environment built by someone else, so that environments are very easily handed over between engineers:
- This helps significantly simplify one’s development efforts (e.g. peer code reviews take much less time);
- And simplifies operational activities such as trouble-shooting and working in shifts / covering for someone on leave;
- Halloumi’s added abstraction layer enables us to deliver intricate, fully tailored solutions quickly, again using preapproved and tested building blocks that ensure stability and reliability.